Saturday 24 November 2007

A Search For The Scene

I've decided that, for now, I will be leaving the three girls from the last post to another day. I'm appreciating all of the advice that has been flooding the email, the private messaging on After Ellen, and the couple of private comments on here.

I'm going to wait until there is more of a broad opinion of which path I should take. Never fear ASFL readers, I will be documenting it all in here. All of the ups and downs, embarrasments and "Oh my god, she didn't?" moments. As a side note; take a quick look over to the right, and you can now subscribe to the posts by email/RSS, a nifty device which I thought I should add to the blog.

So, how are things in the search? Well, there hasn't been much improvement. I went out after posting the blog, as promised, got drunk, had a good time, and got a couple of girls numbers. Unfortunately, I got drunk enough to drop my cell down a vent in the sidewalk, which has messed plans up with getting in contact with those girls.

I lose at all things in life when it comes to dating. For christs sake, I can't even get the mobile containing the numbers home, never mind a girl home. Jeez.

I think my next step should be to head out to a few new places, join a couple of clubs, get out more. Eventually I've come to realize that being surrounded by my straight friends is not always the best option when wanting to date. It took me three months to realize this. Once again, I lose.
So how do you go about making gay friends? Don't get me wrong, I have friends which are gay, but most of them are all smug gays with their smug relationships. Boo to you! Boo! I've been delving into it recently, trying to make an action plan of what to do, where to go etc etc. Firstly, I think that trying out different gay bars would be the best option. At the moment, I tend to frequent one in a city which has a gay scene of around 20 bars/clubs. For I am a fool. The second step is definitely to get out there more, interact in different ways. I have been looking into gay friendly sports teams (I suck at sports. Seriously. You'd rather have a drag queen wearing six inch heels in goal than me), Gay friendly book reading (What? I have to read a book and it isn't even about gays? Boo!) and Gay meet ups (Bah!! Lots of people!! Bah!!) which I don't think are the right routes for me at the moment....

So, readers, once again I rely on your handy selves. As most of my readers are heading over from Afterellen.com - How would you go about integrating yourself into the gay scene? Any suggestions?

I think that one of my worries about being out on the scene, is getting too involved within it. I know friends who have worked for years to be integrated within the scene, and then have come to regret it, learning that everyone who they have been with, has ultimately been with everybody else. Is there anyway to avoid this? Surely the only way to do this would be to stay away from the scene, which would then prevent anyone from dating. Plus, if everyone has been involved with everyone, how do you know who to trust? Who has the hidden agenda hiding away, or even if they have an agenda at all?

It's all very confusing, and nerve wracking, but I'm sure that after a few spirits knocked back, I'll have the confidence to get out there.

As we can all see, this search is revealing me as turning me into an alcoholic. Huzzah!

1 comment:

Joi said...

i like ur blog