Tuesday 20 November 2007

A Search For An Answer

So, over a week has past. Have there been mistakes? Yes. Has there been triumph? Maybe... Have there been hangovers aplenty? Oh yes.

Last time I posted, I declared I was going out, and that there may be a drunken post to follow. There almost was, it was typed and everything. I made myself wait till the morning to post it, and I'm so glad I did. You would have made no sense of it at all. Thank you small conscience for remaining after plentiful amounts of alcohol.

It was a good night, unfortunately the girl from the previous post was there, trying to "shake her thang" (her words, not mine) of which I ignored as I was determined to try and have good night. The ex was also there, shoving her tongue down that nights conquest. Not cool. I mean seriously, five girls, one week? Dude.

So, I was surrounded by my straight pals, the ex, and *that* girl. A certain brunette caught my eye who, from what I remember, seemed quite attractive. I performed the whole "smouldering eyed look" (by smouldering, I clearly mean "drunken struggling to see, I think I'm sexy but I'm really not, look") and, by Jesus, it worked! I made out with her for a while (oh my god, she had a tongue piercing!), got her number and casually left the club at the end of the night, looking forward to sending her a message the next day.

I did, and we've been messaging, and agreed to meet for a drink. We agreed on a time, a place, etc. Then I messaged her a couple of days later to confirm, and there has been no reply. Ho hum.

*Now, lets rewind to a few months back, before "A search for love" started. The ex and I had broken up (a very amiable split, I wasn't the one for her, she loved me but wasn't crazy about me and all that jazz) and I took myself out to the nearest gay bar. I stumbled (Literally. Break ups, alcohol and heels never work) upon a nice lady whom I chatted to all evening. We exchanged names, declared our love of the internet, and just spoke about nothing for an hour or so. I in no way was flirting, I was just having a nice chat with someone whilst my GayManNo.1 was in the bathroom and flirting with some guy. That was all.....*

Last week I received a message from, oh look who it is, nice woman from the bar. We've been sending messages back and forth all week, and it seems like we have a lot in common. I didn't remember her or anything about her, to be honest, but from the messages, profile, and of course pictures, she seems really nice. But (and there always is one) she is ten years older.

Being ten years older does not, in any way, bother me. It's not an age thing that is setting of warnings in my head, it's more of an expectations thing. She might expect more from me, wanting to move things faster, grown up things. Wine tasting nights. Children. Those scary things in life which you hold back on until the later stages of twenty. Things which are really scary to think about when 22 (Yes! 22! It was my birthday this week!). I'm still messaging her, and I'm holding back on agreeing to meet until I have thought it over a little bit more.


Lets move forward to the middle of the week. *That* girl (previous post -"oh so wrong for me" girl) texted me asking for a friendly drink. I debated for a while, and decided it would be nice to get away from studying for a while. I promised myself I wouldn't drink.

I drank. A lot.

Unfortunately, so did she. It turns out I like the girl, but, as she drinks, she gets nasty. I mean, whoa, nasty. I'm not sure what to do about this, and I'm becoming more attracted to her. I know I can't change her. What can I say? I'm a sucker for tortured souls!

So, readers, here is the question; Which of these ladies do I pursue?

Lady number one: The non replier of text messages
Lady number two: The older woman
Lady number three: The drunk, yet really nice when sober , girl.

Answers on a postcard.

Adding to this, I'm heading out again tonight. I wonder what will happen. Oh! I know....a hangover and many more questions.

2 comments:

Kia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kia said...

I say go for the woman who is not replying first. And if that does not work, go on to lady number three, who gets a little nasty when drunk. I think that you should steer clear of number two because with situations like that things can get messy. And its this odd mixture of good and bad messy, but then you just have to end it because you're so far away from each other life-wise, you know? I like girl number three, but be careful. I talked to a girl like her for a while and she completely stole me heart, but she also kind of mashed it into tiny pieces. Doesn't matter though. I forgive her every morning and still can't wait for her phone calls.